GTA Aquarium Forums banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Not a mod!
7,167 Posts
This is easy enough, since I've thought about it alot on long drives and whatnot.
Zombies need brains to survive (fact)
Get yourself a 20 acre ranch up north a bit, build a electric fence around the ranch, put up solar panels for electricity, go on with life as nothing happened. Eventually the zombies will starve and then you have the rest of the world to yourself.

Enjoy!

P.S. if you're worried about food just eat pickles and peanut butter since they don't have to be refrigerated.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
This is easy enough, since I've thought about it alot on long drives and whatnot.
Get yourself a 20 acre ranch up north a bit, build a electric fence around the ranch, put up solar panels for electricity, go on with life as nothing happened. Eventually the zombies will starve and then you have the rest of the world to yourself.

Enjoy!

P.S. if you're worried about food just eat pickles and peanut butter since they don't have to be refrigerated.
Nah, too many loop holes. Solar panels!? Um ... you realize that the sun does come down right? I guess you could have gone for the battery backups. But that won't stop a contingent of zombies from getting fried and eventually will drain all your electricity. Then, they'll scale the fence and get you at night. I guess, you could go for the wind mill + solar panels, but then they'll still be that quiet windless night.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·

Enjoy!

I wouldn't rely on an electric fence to keep away zombies. In addition to draining a lot of power, it's not going to be effective against things that don't feel pain.

Height is the best defense against any ground-bound attackers. Water is a second-best defense.

Thus, the ideal hideout out be a large oil tanker. You are surrounded by water, and the ship itself acts as a height barrier to drifting zombies. Just make sure you take precautions on any potential climbable areas, such as the anchor chain.

There is enough space and sunlight for agriculture, and if you drop anchor in a large body of freshwater, you will have unlimited supplies.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Love the Idea, BUT You need man/woman Power to run a Boat.
Even if your at Shore, You need to get off to get supplies.
The best bet at the end of the day is, Always Have someone Slower and fatter then you, This way a Cardboard box is even somewhat safe.
Dont forget the cardio, And stay limber.
I wouldn't rely on an electric fence to keep away zombies. In addition to draining a lot of power, it's not going to be effective against things that don't feel pain.

Height is the best defense against any ground-bound attackers. Water is a second-best defense.

Thus, the ideal hideout out be a large oil tanker. You are surrounded by water, and the ship itself acts as a height barrier to drifting zombies. Just make sure you take precautions on any potential climbable areas, such as the anchor chain.

There is enough space and sunlight for agriculture, and if you drop anchor in a large body of freshwater, you will have unlimited supplies.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Play the game The Walking Dead Episode 2. Living on a farm with electric fence does not work. You need fuel for the generators to power the electric fence. Not enough solar powers you can obtain to effectively charge a fence of any length, especially to cover a farm.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
The best bet at the end of the day is, Always Have someone Slower and fatter then you
But eventually you're going to run out of those, and then you'll either be alone and vulnerable, or YOU will be the slower and fatter person.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
But eventually you're going to run out of those, and then you'll either be alone and vulnerable, or YOU will be the slower and fatter person.
This is True.

You really need a nuclear fallout shelter, Like Blast from the Past.

If they Zombies are still around in 20 years, I think you gave it the best shot you could.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
This is True.

You really need a nuclear fallout shelter, Like Blast from the Past.

If they Zombies are still around in 20 years, I think you gave it the best shot you could.
Oh man I heart that movie. Alicia and Brendon :D Also the whole aquaponic setup in the shelter rocked my world. For some reason when I saw it I thought it was a recent film till I checked. 1999 wow, over a decade ago. I was thinking Alicia ages like Wolverine from Xmen thinking it was a 2005ish movie or something like that. Alicia <3

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Oh man I heart that movie. Alicia and Brendon :D Also the whole aquaponic setup in the shelter rocked my world. For some reason when I saw it I thought it was a recent film till I checked. 1999 wow, over a decade ago. I was thinking Alicia ages like Wolverine from Xmen thinking it was a 2005ish movie or something like that. Alicia <3
What movie was that? Now that nothing happen. I am in the mood to watch some post apocalyptic stuff.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
What movie was that? Now that nothing happen. I am in the mood to watch some post apocalyptic stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_from_the_Past_(film)

BTW sorry to hear about your tank problem. :( You can find it on 'the web' or pretty much anywhere. The dad in the movie has an aquaponic setup in the shelther.

Also,

Mad Max 1-3
Waterworld
Zombieland

If you want chase that with

Gattaca
Equalibrium (rated EC-10 .... someone might get that reference :) )
Fight Club

And some fun stuff...

Wonderfalls
Dead Like Me
Being Erica
Freaks & Geeks

And end off with....

MJ's Thriller (Muhahah :D)

·
Registered
332 Posts
The answer to that is easy, everyone else is running away and the zombies will follow the food source, so I'd stay and have the city to myself, there would be a few left behind killing them would be entertainment and exercise, LOL!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yup staying at home would be the best thing to do. There would be way to many people heading north lol (not sure if it would be the zombies or people that would kill you first in comp for food and such).

Plus if you stay home you could go to BA or any other LFS and finally get the tank of your dreams for the best price!! its a win win. past time, have a sweet tank, zombies would be getting killed off and moving up north following the food! Oh and who said you cant move into the ripleys aquarium! (Saying that you find a way to keep the power on and water running)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Zombie attack?

Not sure where I'd go, but I do know if I get stuck in the apartment I'll have approx 55g of funny tasting drinking water and enough fresh shrimp and sushi to last for a few days at least... go out in gourmet style!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My plan is simple... Take over the La Baron and Costco at 7 and woodbine lol. Guns, food, ammo, camping supplies incase I have to bug out. Fencing down the road at home depot... Yup, it's not overly populated around there, just a lot of businesses so for at least a week I'd be safe.

But with the precautionary methods (boobytraps :)) I'm thinking of, I figure with the right group of people Markham could be zombie free by the end of the year.

Especially when winter comes along, I have a theory that, since Zombies lack blood flow, they will freeze solid in the winter time. Allowing for drive bys with baseball bats :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bunk In & Fortification

Well for highly capable "tools" ;) can be found in Vaughan Mills Mall Area. Their big fish tank there can sustain a culture of tilapia-just bring a lot of duck weeds. If you don't have one I can trade a ziplocks of it for a chickens. Just PM me.

The same time you can use it for hydroponics -similar principle taking care of your aquarium plants.

For surveying the land you can go to the "theme park" near by. Just climb up one of those ride and you can see the views up there. Plus this location is gated and need less re-done for fortification. And capable to turn it into farms (flora and fauna) due to its flat lands and ponds. People who is twitching oddly or differently can be easier to spot.

I think we must watch the prepper shows and get more ideas.Hahahahah.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Guys, remember that you're not going to have electricity for long in a zombie apocalypse.

As for Costco: big, dark place with lots of people and lots of blind corners? No thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Vaughn Mills mall? That'd be like being downtown Toronto in the midst of an Ebola outbreak...

And as far as my Costco idea goes. I'm bringing a friend who installs Solar Paneling for a living and has a supply in his basement :) not to mention the generators from Costco, Wind power that you can convert on the roof... and probably 10000000+ candles in there lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
You guys can have your city, I'll be headed as far away as possible (already have a head start). Remember, if you stay in the city, you are the food source so zombies will likely stick around. Also lets face it, in an outbreak the urban centers would be shut down...at least until the zombies took over.

Although in an outbreak, a container ship offshore is awfully tempting, hopefully full of grain. If not, grow what you want on deck and enjoy the sun.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have a few friends just outside the citys with a few hundred acres. id be in their shop arming the tractors and trucks, and gathering ammo.

can see things coming 3km in every direction. so great time to hone my sniper skills!

141 - 160 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.