GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
9,085 Posts
what date is it??.. I wouldn't mind going sometime.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My questions is, why don't we just make our own toronto club in the middle of GTA, instead of having to go to willowdale or waterloo or mississauga.

·
Back Into The Fishy Thing
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one (Willowdale) is accessible via subway, and not a very long drive for people with cars. So I wouldn't see the point of another club for people who never travel north of bloor. :)

W

·
Rockhound
785 Posts
Twas is north of bloor :)

Edit - Oop, I just found my membership card, good till Feb lol. It's been awhile since I went.

Ppulcher, Bae, Knave and myself are members there. It's a small friendly club with some knowlegeable members. Usually a small auction in the meets I attended. I'd personally like to see it grow with more planted and SA cichlid nuts, (maybe it has since I was there last), and have more time to interact with the members. Meeting up with the members I mentioned, buying the odd plant or fish, and meeting a new contact here and there. The $25. fee is reasonable considering it's the closest club, when I have time to attend. You'd have to go, form your own opinion and see if it works for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I still think it would make life easier if we had a club smacked right in the center of GTA. Earl Haig isnt all that close to my house, and considering how much money I spend on my hybro bill keeping fish, my wife will flip if she found out im wasting gas going down to earl haig just to have a aquarist meeting thing LOL

·
Rockhound
785 Posts
Ah the Missus, a potentially tough situation.

My g/f is putting the pressure on to get my passport so I can locate some ADA Amazonia for my 75g tank in Buffalo, making a weekend out of it. We might even use her truck :eek:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ah the Missus, a potentially tough situation.

My g/f is putting the pressure on to get my passport so I can locate some ADA Amazonia for my 75g tank in Buffalo, making a weekend out of it. We might even use her truck :eek:
Lucky you man. Last time I bought an acrylic sump for my tank, she made a big fuss about how i spend more money on my fish than her LOL, I ended up in the LV store down in yorkdale after that...

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife has a moratorium on further tank expansion. Apparently she thinks I have more tanks than any mortal has a right to. :) It's only ten, and the largest is only 50 gallons. I really need a 130 gallon tank. really really.

W

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wife has a moratorium on further tank expansion. Apparently she thinks I have more tanks than any mortal has a right to. :) It's only ten, and the largest is only 50 gallons. I really need a 130 gallon tank. really really.

W
LOL, yeaa, I get the same problems too. Only way for me to solve these issues is a trip to the LV store.

·
Rockhound
785 Posts
My tanks are limited, as I rent a small apartment. If my g/f was being truly supportive, I'd have a fishroom at her place :rolleyes:

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I had the same number of tanks in my small apartment before I moved into a house.

It was hard to sleep in my bedroom with that many tanks burbling, because in those days I had an air-pump running in each tank, plus the filter noise, times six tanks in my bedroom. :)

W

·
Rockhound
785 Posts
Nowadays you know to use one large air-pump (quieter), to run 6 tanks,
quieter, and uses less hydro :)

I can sleep thru tank gurgling, when I don't hear it, I think 'what's wrong ? or 'where am I ?' There is a point when it gets too loud tho. My 40g is right behind me. Python time oh the joy...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I still think it would make life easier if we had a club smacked right in the center of GTA.
You realize the GTA includes Toronto, York, Peel, Durham and even Halton? :) I'm not sure what the geographic centre would be, but I think Yonge & Empress is pretty good :)

Sadly I'll be missing the Nov. meeting. Out of town that night, just my luck.

·
Rockhound
785 Posts
As it turns out I'll be making one of my rare appearances to pay a very generous and helpful Bae an outstanding debt, pay my fees for next year, and stock up on a few items.

Andrew, it sucks that you can't make it ! It'll be good to catch up on stuff, need to pick your brain on some setup stuff, see what you need for your fishroom changes, we might be able to do some trading :)

So who's coming ?

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm bringing the following to trade or give away at TWAS meeting:

- Hornwort
- a few small java ferns to get someone started.
- stems of indian rotala (do very well in low light)
- juvenile Convicts
- juvenile Platies

I can also provide snails, if anybody wants tiny ramshorns or large-ish MTS.

W

1 - 20 of 55 Posts