GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I haven't been out forever to the fish shops so I am not sure what is out there as far as feeder guppies. I was going to buy a big batch for a turtle tub outside.
Does anyone have any good leads on the best place to purchase?

Reactions: ksimdjembe

·
Registered
867 Posts
These are only my personal preferences of course, but I am much more a fan of trying to source someone's decent line of fish rather than rolling the roulette of feeders from a store. There are such ranges in quality of feeders, and often due to low quality, inbred issues and parasites you either lose more fish than they are worth or you introduce disease etc. and have to figure out how to deal with that. They don't have to be top of the line, but maybe culls from line breeders etc.?
Do you still have fish? In a large outdoor tub you could very well have your own fish survive and benefit from the little bugs in the water.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I second ksindjembe!

Always people out there rehoming large lots of guppies! Thats a great way to get lots of healthy fish. Can just plop some in a tub outside, and they will breed for you! The bugs will keep them more than full.

Buying feeders from Als and what not, you’re lucky to get fish with much to any life in them at all

·
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya guys, thanks for your advice!
Yea I've been trying to keep an eye out for people with an abundance of guppies for feeders but usually when I mention they may become turtle snacks the owners are not so enthusiastic. I totally understand though! :) I am a softy when it comes to my fish too.
For now I went with some goldies to go in there and some will make it for sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How many gupppies do you need and how far are you willing to travel? I might have a few, My fry are pretty much good to go so I'll also be culling soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts