GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Begineer, again
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Toadstool for about 4 months and it is growing very nice. About a couple of days ago I saw some yellow spots on it.
Does anybody knows what this might be?

Thanks!
Claud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
1 of 2 things might be happening to it:

1.) Something is irritating it or has irritated it. It may have been stung or have come into contact with some form of chemical from dosing or feeding. Or flow is low and some leftover food/detritus has burned it a bit.

2.) It's starting to shed aggressively. Part of a natural process. A little higher flow may help.

Those are my two guess. Good luck.

·
Dis-membered
2,408 Posts
Nice leather!
I have no Idea what that is but I hope it's OK.
Nice Leather indeed!

·
Begineer, again
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 of 2 things might be happening to it:

1.) Something is irritating it or has irritated it. It may have been stung or have come into contact with some form of chemical from dosing or feeding. Or flow is low and some leftover food/detritus has burned it a bit.

2.) It's starting to shed aggressively. Part of a natural process. A little higher flow may help.

Those are my two guess. Good luck.
It didn't come in contact with chemicals. When I dose, I dose in sump.
About shedding part, I saw some skin falling from it, and the cleaner shrimp is hanging on it all day long. Might be this, or some disease.

Nice leather!
I have no Idea what that is but I hope it's OK.
Nice Leather indeed!
Thank you! Hope nothing will happen to it and I don't have to frag it.

BTW, if I have to cut those parts out, how can I do it?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice leather. It never did that kind of thing before. Hope it will be ok. I think the cleaner shrimps are just cleaning it. I have 3 cleaners but they never bother the leathers.

·
Begineer, again
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found some old thread on RC (from 2008) and they are saying something about infection. Weird thing is that only toadstool have this yellow spots.
If I make a dip in Reef Dip, do you think it will harm the coral? Don't think is necessary to make a FW dip, right?

·
Begineer, again
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The toadstool is ok now. Yellow spots disappeared without me doing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts